Dating Nigerian women can be tricky for any men, but especially for those with a different nationality. Depending on whether you are talking to a conservative, traditional Nigerian woman or a more modern, open-minded one, there are a couple of things you should keep in mind.
From the terms that you should avoid while having a conversation to what they look for in a man, this guide will cover everything you need to know before dating Nigerian women, so you can rise up to the challenge in person or through dating apps.
Scroll down to find out how you can make a Nigerian lady fall in love with you!
What You Need to Know Before Dating Nigerian Women
1) Work and occupation matter to Nigerian women and they are very likely to ask about what you do for a living on the first date. Although some people may refer to them as gold-diggers, this just has to do with their culture and how they want a man who can provide for a family. However, Nigerian women are also hard-workers who are willing and wanting to do their part in the financial aspect of a relationship, which is why they see laziness as a turn-off. Show them that you have goals and ambitions if you want to earn their interest or respect.
2) Nigerian women are unlikely to marry a foreign man. Because of their traditional, religious background, it is difficult for Nigerian women to relate to men from other sides of the world, and even harder to get them to the aisle if they are conservative. These African women also happen to be extremely close to their family and friends. Therefore, most of them are more than happy to stay in their country, so you would probably have to relocate if you want to make things official and serious. On the other hand, if you’re only looking for a good time, it is possible to persuade them if you avoid cheesy pickup lines or sexual innuendos. Take your time.
3) Nigerian women, like women from other countries, are into the little details. Flowers, chocolate, cards and old-fashioned romantic gestures will get you way further with a Nigerian beauty than intense PDA. Nigerian girls want to feel special, treasured and loved, but are also shy in public, so the perfect way to show them how much you care is with gifts that reflect their personality, rather than making out on the streets. By the way, always ask first before you try to kiss them or get closer.
“Besides some people referring to Nigerian ladies as submissive, they are always willing to go the extra mile to satisfy their men”
4) Nigerian women pay a lot of attention to their appearance. If you ever see a Nigerian girl without with a fresh face, there’s a big chance that she’s in love with you AND confident about the relationship. These exotic beauties always make sure that their hair, outfit, and makeup are on point. This could test your patience if you try to make spontaneous plans to surprise them because they would prefer to be previously notified about what you are doing with her.
5) Nigerian women are great in the kitchen. They are taught from very early in their life how to serve amazing dishes, an ability that they improve over the years by adding more international flavors to their book of recipes. If you date a Nigerian girl, not only will you never starve, you’ll be more than pleased with the way they cook for you, your friends, and your family. These women can handle an entire buffet and still make everything delicious, guaranteed! However, they will also love if you cook for then every now and then, so please keep it in mind.
6) Naija women are adventurous in the bedroom. Besides some people referring to Nigerian ladies as submissive, they are always willing to go the extra mile to satisfy their men, which definitely includes sex. If you are certain that they care about you, don’t be afraid to tell them about your ideas to spice things up and step out of the box, you’d be surprised with how against the norm they can go when they love someone.