First dates have a strange feeling associated with them. On one hand, you are excited and on the other hand, you also have the jitters running down your spine. Since first impression matters so much, first dates can determine if there is any chance for a long term relationship. Hence, you need to take special care of your first date. There are several things that you must keep in your mind when you are going for a first date.
- Don’t talk about dieting: When you are going on your first date with a person, don’t bore him or her by speaking about how health conscious you are. Don’t be fussy regarding choosing a juice or food that is fat free. It would label you as a snob.
- Keep yourself in control: Don’t gulp down too many drinks on your first date because you are excited and he is paying for your drinks. Stay in control and don’t overdo anything.
- Be positive and confident: Positivity and confidence are the two traits that can make your first date successful. If you find yourself in a situation when your date is talking about a thing that doesn’t interest you, for example football, don’t be rude or depressed. You can confidently tell your date that you don’t follow football and then try to divert the conversation.
- Avoid politics and religion: Politics and religion are two subjects that can result in heated debates. It is better to avoid these two topics in the first date so that arguments can be avoided. When you both get comfortable with each other, you can talk about such controversial subjects.
- Don’t bring your exes in the conversation: This is something you should strictly avoid in the first date. You can talk later about your failed relationships but in the first date, you must leave the past far behind and focus on the present moment.
- Keep mints with you: After having too much garlic or wine, put a mint in your mouth so that you won’t have the tension of foul breath. There can be nothing more embarrassing than having bad breath on your first date.
- Keep your phone away: If you constantly checking your phone for messages and mails, your date can feel extremely neglected and disrespected. You must give all your attention to your date and keep the phone away for some time.
You must keep these 7 things in your mind when you are going for a first date so that you it can head towards a successful relationship.