By Jade Seashell (contributor), author of “A Seductress’ Confession”
Planning on going to Costa Rica and meeting Costa Rica women there? Before you leave for Costa Rica, you may want to read this article first so that your experiences in Costa Rica will be more enjoyable. In this article, I’m going to list a range of things that you should do and shouldn’t do, so you will be equipped with helpful information which can be used to your advantage.
- Do clarify what you are looking for. You will meet many pretty Costa Rican women (AKA ticas) in cities such as San Jose and Jaco, but you should be aware of the fact that many of these pretty girls are prostitutes (both professional and semi-professional). It’s easy to understand what professional prostitutes are doing, so let me explain what semi-professional prostitutes are doing here. Many of them have kids without fathers, so the fastest way to make some quick cash is to hook up with a westerner once or twice a month, so that they can pay their rent, bills and their children’s education. Therefore, you should clarify what you are looking for in Costa Rica. According to my observation, Jaco has more prostitutes, whereas San Jose has more women that you may want to date. But don’t take it as a scientific rule, because if you are a sex tourist, both Jaco and San Jose should be able to serve the menu you want 24/7. However, if you are looking for a nice girl who can start a relationship with you, you may need to spend more time meeting more women in Costa Rica, because it takes time to find out which girl is the right one for you. Therefore, meeting more girls is the prerequisite of finding the ideal girl.
- Do learn some Spanish. Spanish is the official language in Costa Rica, so learning some Spanish before you go there will help you get laid. It’s important to speak some Spanish with Costa Rican ladies because that shows you are genuinely interested in them and their culture. You don’t have to speak fluent Spanish, but you get the gist: women in Costa Rica expect you to speak some Spanish when you visit their country.
- Do understand that “Yes” can mean “No” in Costa Rica. This may sound strange, but it’s true: Ticas generally can’t say “no” to your requests, so if you ask for a Costa Rican woman’s phone number, she may give you a fake number if she really wants to say “no”. Also, if she agrees to catch up with you and she never comes in reality, don’t feel offended – she just can’t say “no” to you. It’s their culture.
- Do remember that being late for half an hour is common in Costa Rica. This may sound strange again, but people in Costa Rica don’t really believe in punctuality because they are very relaxed and laid-back. Like I said in the paragraph above, Costa Rica beauties may not turn up after telling you she will go out with you, but you need to wait for her for at least 30 minutes to confirm that she is actually not coming to see you, because being late is commonplace in Costa Rica.
- Do go to the pubs near the university. If you would like to meet some trendies in Costa Rica, you should totally go to bars near the university there. You will see many fashionable ladies in those bars on Friday night and Saturday night. They are young, intelligent and fun.
- Do have fun with ticas. Yes, that’s right. Costa Rican ladies know how to have fun – they are playful, sexy, flirtatious and fun. A Costa Rican woman’s killer smile can make your heart melt immediately. Your trip to Costa Rica becomes better because of the fun you have with ticas.
Before you leave for Costa Rica, you may want to read this article first so that your experiences in Costa Rica will be more enjoyable.
- Don’t go to massage parlours in Costa Rica and expect to have a massage. In fact, massage parlours in Costa Rica are brothels. You only go to a massage parlour if you want to pay for sex. Otherwise, totally avoid that.
- Don’t assume girls like you simply because they are flirting with you. In Costa Rica, women are used to flirting, laughing and having fun. Therefore, the fact that they are laughing at your jokes and being flirtatious doesn’t mean they are romantically interested in you. It’s just what they do on a daily basis (like a habit). Yet in Western countries like the United Kingdom or the United States, women don’t flirt that often, but you will be surrounded by playful energy in Costa Rica.
- Don’t show off your Western status. In Costa Rica, people have seen enough Westerners every single day, so being Western isn’t really a big deal in Costa Rica. Therefore, you shouldn’t tell every woman you meet that you are from a Western developed country to demonstrate your high value. Also, speaking English doesn’t make you look better either, because realistically, nobody cares. People in Costa Rica may even expect you to speak Spanish with them.
- Don’t assume Costa Rica girls are all easy. Although ladies in Costa Rica are good at flirting and many of them are professional and semi-professional prostitutes, it doesn’t mean they are all easy. In fact, you can find good women in every country, as long as you look for them! There are many beautiful, well-educated and intelligent women in Costa Rica, too.
- Don’t assume a developing country only has traditional people. It’s normal for us to associate a developing country with people who obey traditional rules. But this is actually a generalisation. As a matter of fact, Costa Rica is very liberal and people in Costa Rica are very open-minded and Westernised. Hence, Costa Rica beauties are probably even more open-minded and adventurous than you!
- Don’t assume all women you meet in Costa Rica are ticas. In fact, many women in Costa Rica are foreigners – they are tourists, real estate agents, etc. So you will actually meet women from other countries in Costa Rica easily. I have friends who even dated Asian girls in Costa Rica.